“Ma!!! The Meatloaf!!” Bonus points to anyone that can guess that movie quote.
When I was growing up, I absolutely hated meatloaf and was grossed out by its very name. However, when I first began the 21 Day Fix a few months ago I had to get creative with recipes and to figure out healthy alternatives for our usual dinners (tacos, pasta, anything fried etc.) I actually love ground turkey, so I decided to give meatloaf another try since I’m on this whole kick of branching out my taste buds. Lo and behold, I LOVED IT. This recipe is super simple, easy, and delicious. Plus- it’s 21 day fix approved. Winner. Winner. Meatloaf dinner.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onions or 2 tsp minced onion seasoning (my go to)
- 1/2 cup egg beaters or 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- Dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together ketchup and BBQ sauce. Combine ground turkey, onion, eggs, 1/4 cup of ketchup/BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well!
- Light spray the bottom of crock pot with non-sticking spray. Transfer meat to crock pot and shape into a square loaf. Spread the rest of the ketchup/BBQ mixture on top of the loaf. I usually add a little extra BBQ sauce for good measure.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Recipe lightly adapted from Spark Recipes.