Healthy twists on timeless classics: 21 Day Fix Approved!
Sweet & Sour Pork Chops
- Pork Chops- with or without the bone. I used smoked pork chops for this meal
- 1 onion finely chopped or 1 T onion flakes
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- 3 T Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 T Soy Sauce- less sodium
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ginger
Directions: Mix all ingredients together and pour over pork chops in the crock pot. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until tender. I served the pork chops with carrots and brown rice.
Tomato Basil Chicken
- 2lbs Chicken breasts
- 28 oz can of diced tomatos (1/2 of the liquid drained). My favorite canned tomatos are Delmonte- basil, garlic, and oregano.
- 1 sweet onion diced or 1 T onion flakes
- 4 T Balsamic Vinegar salad dressing. My go to brand of dressing is Newman’s Own. I’m a huge fan of their Parmesan Balsamic flavor.
- 1 T Italian Season
- Salt & pepper to taste
Directions: Again, mix all ingredients together and place in crock pot with chicken. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. I paired this dinner with whole wheat egg noodles and used the extra sauce in the crock pot as a top dressing.