Chicken is always my go to when it comes to whipping up a quick dinner. It can be made a variety of different ways and goes with just about anything on the side. Quinoa is an incredibly healthy choice for fiber, plus its ridiculously inexpensive & sounds fancy. Yes, but is it 21 Day Fix Approved?? You betcha.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa (I prefer rosemary quinoa)
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (if you want an extra kick!)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Rub olive oil on chicken and place in broiler pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Quinoa Mixture-bring water, quinoa and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until water is absorbed by quinoa mixture which takes about 15 minutes.
- Place cilantro, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin and red pepper in food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Transfer quinoa to plate, place chicken over quinoa and top with cilantro sauce. Enjoy!